*Last Updated: 31th May, 2020
Atlantic Penguin is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Corporation, Disney Interactive, Disney's Club Penguin or New Horizons in any way.
Our policy describes the information practices of Atlantic Penguin's website and services (atlanticpengu.in); including how we collect, use and disclose personal information.
We encourage you to read our Legal Disclaimer.
You may review your consent concerning cookies and advertising by clicking here.
1. The Information We Collect
Information We Collect Automatically
- When users visit one of our Services, we may automatically collect information about them such as IP address, mobile device identifier or other unique identifier, browser and computer type, access time, originating web page, next URL, web page(s) accessed during a user's visit, and interaction with content and/or advertising on the Services ("Usage Data").
Information Users Provide
- When users decide to register for our Services we collect a parent's email address, a unique username, a password, and their IP address. This information is required to provide our Services.
- We require parent's permission and consent for users that are not old enough to consent themselves and it is assumed during registration that either a parent is present or has given prior permission for their child. Activation of an account via a parent's email address confirms consent for their child to use our Services.
- Parents may revoke their consent and begin the process of information removal by contacting
- For some of our online activities - such as polls, surveys, games or contests - we may ask users to provide information that is not personally identifiable, such as country of residence or a user's favorite color.
- Users may choose to communicate on our Services via the chat function provided, this function is not intended to be private and all messages are stored indefinitely.
2. How Information Is Used
- Our third-party advertising partner may use Usage Data to show users advertisements that may be more suited to them.
- We use users' information in an aggregate, (i.e. non-personally identifiable) form to identify viewership trends on our website. We also use it to improve the interface and content of the website.
- We use users' email addresses to send a marketing emails summarizing upcoming events and updates if they have opted-in at registration.
3. How Long Information Is Stored
- All directly-collected information is stored indefinitely, that is until our Services cease operating.
- We ask our analytics provider, Google Analytics, to remove user-specific information after a period of 26 months in which there has been no interaction from the user. After this time period has passed the only information that is kept is done so in an aggregate form which cannot be linked back to an individual.
- Messages sent on our Services via the chat function are stored indefinitely and will be retained anonymised in case of user delection.
4. How Information Is Shared
- We do not sell any information that we have collected.
- We may be legally obligated to disclose information to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances such as in response to court orders, warrants, or subpoenas.
- If we believe sharing of information will help or is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property.
- If required we may share information to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding significant abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of information).
5. Information Removal
- Marketing and promotional emails we sent to Users have an opt-out and an unsubscribe link if Users no longer wish to receive optional updates from us.
- You can request a permanent deletion of the information you have explicitly provided us during User registration by sending an email to [email protected]
- Rejecting or removing cookies may result in some areas of our website and Services to cease functioning correctly.
- Information deletion does not opt you out of being served generic advertising.
- We have implemented commercially-reasonable physical and electronic security measures along with appropriate managerial procedures to help protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Access to personal data is limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security are in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted we attempt to ensure this should be done safely in a manor such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Whilst we strive to protect your User Information, we cannot guarantee its security as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, we shall promptly assess the risk to users' rights and freedoms.
7. Policy Updates
- We will notify users of any changes in the way we handle personal information via a notice on the relevant parts of our Services or through the contact information provided to us.
- Updated policies are effective immediately and continued use of our Services after the effective date constitutes consent to the changes and new policy.
- We will not use Personal Information in a manner materially different than what was stated at the time your Personal Information was collected without consent.
- "Services" refers to this website, our desktop or mobile applications, and any other online services offered by Atlantic Penguin.
- "Usage Data" may include IP address, unique device identifier, browser and computer type, access time, the Web page users' came from, the URL they go to next, the Web page(s) accessed during their visit and users' interaction with content or advertising on the Services.
- "We" refers to Atlantic Penguin or our affiliates, advertising partners and other third-party partners.